My 2011 Savings and Spending Log

This blog was created for the purpose of tracking my savings and out of pocket spending this year and determining how much I actually save by searching for the best deals and using coupons. To anyone interested in following along, go for it! I'm extremely curious what my total savings and actual spending will end up being.



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Successful shoppin' day!

My Frys Trip:
I did 2 separate transactions
1st) Paid $1.33 for 2 Glade fabric sprays and got back $2 catalina to use on my next order
2nd) Paid $.15 (used my $2 catalina from the 1st transaction) for 4 protein bars, 1/2 doz eggs, 2 Kikkoman teriyaki marinades AND got back $1.50 catalina
= total profit of $2.02!

I paid .13 at Bashas for all that! I had to buy the M&M's because my total was negative... I do love me some peanut mmmmms!

Those trash bags retail for $8.99 at Safeway!!! I got all this and romaine lettuce that I forgot to put in the pic lol... for only $6.88!

Alright... I did this transaction TWICE today at Walgreens... The first time I did this transaction the cashier accidentally input one of my $1 coupons at $10.00!! I paid around $4 and got back $13 in RR's, making it a $9 profit. After I realized I called and later returned with the items. They voided my order, re-rang the items and I ended up paying $5.44 (I used a few RR's that I had from previous transactions to bring down my total and another coupon I forgot to use the first time) AND I got back another $13 in RR's!!! I was surprised it generated another $13, thus making my total profit $16.56.... oh no wait, actually it's $20.56!!!! (I just remembered they voided my first order) How awesome?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment