My 2011 Savings and Spending Log

This blog was created for the purpose of tracking my savings and out of pocket spending this year and determining how much I actually save by searching for the best deals and using coupons. To anyone interested in following along, go for it! I'm extremely curious what my total savings and actual spending will end up being.



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm drowning in fruit snacks...

So I went to Safeway again today and got more fruit snacks... 16 boxes to be exact. Jordan and I love them and hey, you can't beat free right?!

Today I made a few trips to different stores and here's what I got:

Safeway: Paid $ .13 Saved $62.33 Got back $2 = $1.87 profit
16 boxes of fruit snacks
7 vitamin waters

Fry's: Paid $ .05 Saved $6.36
4 vitamin waters

Target: Paid $ .40 Saved $15.99
7 Wonka chocolate bars (on clearance for .98)
5 pks of AA batteries
1 ream of paper *a necessity for us couponers ;)
orbit gum (had to get it because my total was negative!)

Bashas: Paid $ .06 Saved $17.48
10 cans of Kidney beans (I used these to make homemade chili- my Dad's recipe!!)
2 cans of Black beans
2 boxes of Cheerios

Total out of pocket = $.64 and made a profit of $1.23!
Total savings = $102.16!!

No comments:

Post a Comment