My 2011 Savings and Spending Log

This blog was created for the purpose of tracking my savings and out of pocket spending this year and determining how much I actually save by searching for the best deals and using coupons. To anyone interested in following along, go for it! I'm extremely curious what my total savings and actual spending will end up being.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

$3.73 Profit!

I had $20 worth of "RR's" or Register Rewards to use up at Walgreens before they expired. RR's are like store cash to use at Walgreens. Each week Walgreens has certain items for sale that, if you buy it, you'll receive a RR back...



For instance... Buy 1 bottle of Pantene at $3 and get a $3 RR

That means you'll have to pay $3 out of pocket but you'll get back $3 to use on your next order. The more RR's you have, the less out of pocket you will be able to spend! Anddd lets say you had a $2 off 1 Pantene coupon--- well then you would pay $1 out of pocket and still get back $3, making it a profit of $2! :)

I printed a few coupons from the match ups on hip2save.com and centsableshopping.com

I bought 8 packs of Orbit gum, one bottle of shaving cream (with a free razor attached to it!!), 2 Chloraseptic sprays, and 2 Rembrandt 2-hr whitening kits (*retail value of $25.99!!). My subtotal before tax was .47 and my total with tax came to $3.27 AND I got back $7 in RR's!!! That's $3.73 profit with a total savings of $73.60!! Normally I wouldn't buy the Rembrandt whitening kits, but for free and a profit....I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment