My 2011 Savings and Spending Log

This blog was created for the purpose of tracking my savings and out of pocket spending this year and determining how much I actually save by searching for the best deals and using coupons. To anyone interested in following along, go for it! I'm extremely curious what my total savings and actual spending will end up being.



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Walmart and Walgreens Run!!




I spent only $1.05 for over $40 worth of stuff at Walmart!


There's an AWESOME deal at Walgreens on the Fruity Pebbles cereal cups!! Buy 5 and use the in-ad coupon to make them all .79, then pay $3.95 (plus tax) and get back $8RR's!!! That's a $4 Money Maker!!!! The best thing about this deal is that you don't need any other coupons except the ones provided in the store ad!!! Yay! :)
I made 3 different transactions...
1st) 5 fruity pebbles, 4 reach toothbrushes: paid $7.80 and got back $8RR's (for the cereal) and $4RR's (for the toothbrushes)
2nd) 5 fruity pebbles and a filler candy bar: paid with my $4RR from the toothbrushes and it came to .71 and got back $8RR's
3rd) 5 fruity pebbles, 2 pedia care infant care: paid only $2.82 and got back $8 RR's
Total out of pocket was $11.33 but I now have $24 in RR's to spend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment